For migrants subject to reciprocal agreement, contributions to social security authorities in the United Kingdom and the country of origin under the agreement are counted when determining the right to benefits payable by each country. The agreement contains detailed rules for different types of benefits and information on whether a worker is receiving benefits from the UK or his country of origin. There is a list of countries with which the UK has GOV.UK social security agreements. You can contact the International Pension Centre for more information on the situation when you enter such a country. 4. However, this agreement does not apply to the social security legislation of the Institutions of the European Community, neither the social security agreements or agreements concluded by one of the parties with a third party, nor the laws or regulations that amend the legislation covered in paragraph 1 for the purposes of the application of such an agreement or agreement, but none of the parties prevents the provisions of another agreement or agreement that that that party has entered into with a third party in accordance with its legislation. 1. The competent authorities of the parties to this agreement are doing everything reasonably possible to resolve disputes over their interpretation or application, in accordance with them. To learn more about health agreements with other countries, contact customer service and local services on 0 1534 44444444.

If you work after retirement age, you do not have to pay any contributions, but you must exchange your credit card (or social security card) for a red card. The increase in the pension cannot be paid if your wife already receives a pension or other social security benefit. If you are seconded to the UK from an EEA country or Switzerland, please read what happens if I am a seconded worker from the EU, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland?. The answers to the following questions assume that you are from a non-EEA/Switzerland country with which the UK has a bilateral social security agreement. Migrants sent to Britain on behalf of a country with which the UK has a bilateral social security agreement may not be required to pay social security contributions (NICs) in accordance with the terms of the agreement. We`ll explain below. Even if you do not use benefits in the UK or if you are only here for a short period of time, you normally cannot recover NIC if you leave, unless it was paid in error (for example. B you paid UK NIC if the agreement provided that you should have paid in your home country).

The list of countries with which the Uk has a social security agreement is on GOV.UK. Article 37 Entry into force and duration of Agreement 33 You must take into account the terms of the agreement in question in order to define the rules in force – the relevant agreement is the agreement between the United Kingdom and the country in which the worker has contributed (although the situation may be more complex in three or more countries). Generally speaking, these agreements provide that the migrant must pay NIC, unless you have paid social security contributions in Jersey and another country with which we have a mutual agreement, we can pay you a pension.

Share →
Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.