2012 USRA Divison 1 Rules Proposal Voting Results
The results of the 2012 Technical Rules proposals are listed below.
Color Key: Yes – No – Did Not Vote
1. Minimum length from center of guide flag hole to center of rear axle for all USRA Division 1 chassis will be 4.1″. (needed to maintain 1/24th Scale length)
Proposal 1 – Passed 60 – 12 – 1
2. Restore Pro/Expert and Amateur Driver Classifications to International 15, C12, and G27. (multiple submissions)
Proposal 2 – Passed 45 – 26 – 2
3. Establish a “Move Up” policy/rule whereby a racer will be allowed to defend their title one time then they are required to move to a Pro/Expert class. Age criteria stated in the 2012 Rule Book on pg 17 will remain in effect until the racer reaches the age of 14.
Proposal 3 – Passed 58 – 15 – 0
4. Increase OMO voltage to 14.3 volts (eliminates the need to have separate motors for OMO and Regular Gp7).
Proposal 4 – Passed 45 – 26 – 2
5. Change 27 Lite chassis to any commercially available steel chassis with a minimum thickness of .047″and a minimum length of 4.100″ as measured from the center of the guide flag hole to the center of the axle. Basic chassis cannot be modified; must remain as submitted with regard to rail widths, including slots for pillow blocks, etc. Any commercially available pillow blocks may be used. (simplifies tech process and allows racers to adjust length of chassis for different track conditions)
Proposal 5 – Passed 61 – 10 – 2
6. Change seeding for OMO and 27 Lite as follows: Qualifying positions 1-32 will be seeded into (4) Mains using the serpentine method. Refer to the chart on pg 22 of the 2012 USRA Rule Book Quarterfinals. The remainder of the field will be seeded into a many mains as necessary using the same serpentine method without using a Round-Robin Format. The mains will be run in reverse alphabetical order with the A Main being run last. The standard marshaling process will be followed (A will marshal D and H will marshal E). (with this format qualifying will have some value and the integrity of the class objective to create a competitive mixed pro/am field will be achieved)
Proposal 6 – Passed 58 – 13 – 2
7. Disallow adding weight to the bottom of the chassis in Gp12. (needed to maintain a more consistent minimum ground clearance)
Proposal 7 – Passed 37 – 34 – 2
8. Establish a minimum chassis weight spec for the Manufacturers of approved Gp12 chassis, effective 2015. The weight of the chassis will be determined by the USRA BoD and the manufacturers of currently approved Gp12 chassis. (this rule is meant to eliminate the need to add weight to meet the 72 gram minimum weight and the risk of being disqualified for not meeting the minimum weight as the result of a crash)
Proposal 8 – Passed 48 – 23 – 2
9. Eliminate the minimum weight requirement from Spec 12. (Not necessary with Spec Chassis, Spec Tires, and Spec Motors)
Proposal 9 – Passed 48 – 22 – 3
USRA National Director